• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

camssy

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
hi. can anyone discuss on what quality of floor should be used so as to prevent injury and promote optimal function of disabled? thanks in advance.

hi bigdan:)

bigdan

SDN Donor
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2002
Ann Arbor
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi cam.

Sorry that I cannot give you an actual type of flooring; I imagine you can google it, however. Maybe look under the ADA or NIOSH?

dc

Jejton

10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Since you are asking about quality and not type or material, etc. I'll state the obvious that it should not be slippery ( so i guess polished surfaces like marble or waxed wood floors like parquee ). It probably also matters what kind of aid ( wheelchair, etc ) the person uses as the floor will have to withstand it.

About the Ads

camssy

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Since you are asking about quality and not type or material, etc. I'll state the obvious that it should not be slippery ( so i guess polished surfaces like marble or waxed wood floors like parquee ). It probably also matters what kind of aid ( wheelchair, etc ) the person uses as the floor will have to withstand it.

thanks, what type of material should it be then?:D

About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.