floor for disabled:help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camssy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi. can anyone discuss on what quality of floor should be used so as to prevent injury and promote optimal function of disabled? thanks in advance.

hi bigdan:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi cam.

Sorry that I cannot give you an actual type of flooring; I imagine you can google it, however. Maybe look under the ADA or NIOSH?

dc

Since you are asking about quality and not type or material, etc. I'll state the obvious that it should not be slippery ( so i guess polished surfaces like marble or waxed wood floors like parquee ). It probably also matters what kind of aid ( wheelchair, etc ) the person uses as the floor will have to withstand it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you are asking about quality and not type or material, etc. I'll state the obvious that it should not be slippery ( so i guess polished surfaces like marble or waxed wood floors like parquee ). It probably also matters what kind of aid ( wheelchair, etc ) the person uses as the floor will have to withstand it.

thanks, what type of material should it be then?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.