Florida dental boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Intheair

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the florida dental boards recently. if so, please help me answer some questions. Which prep course is best (FDLS by Dr. becker and sheilds or FDBP by Dr. Gordy)? What instruments, materials, equipment will i need to bring into the exam? Will I need to hire an assistant? Any other details you might be aware of would also help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm in the exact same position as you - I'm taking the FL board and coming from out of state. I am getting ready to register for the FDBP course...my only dilemma is whether to take it in November or March. When are you taking it?

I am registering for FDBP because I've just heard over the years that it's the best. Based on Florida's website, the state in general tends to have a high pass rate.

I'm not sure where I'm going to find an assistant for the exam.

Intheair said:
Has anyone taken the florida dental boards recently. if so, please help me answer some questions. Which prep course is best (FDLS by Dr. becker and sheilds or FDBP by Dr. Gordy)? What instruments, materials, equipment will i need to bring into the exam? Will I need to hire an assistant? Any other details you might be aware of would also help.

hello..if you dont mind me asking ,what review materials did you read for ndhbe?how did the exam go?is law and ethics included or a separate exam?please reply if you have time i really need answers to this question and i know you can help me..thank you so much :)

I took the Florida Boards back in March. Definately take the Dr. Gordy course, it's a little more expensive but you can't go cheap when it come's to the Florida Boards. As far as an assistant, I didn't have one...I don't remember anyone having an assistant. I don't think assistants are allowed. If any of you guys want details or specifics about the exam, email me at [email protected].