Florida doesn't allow you to take classes???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Maybe someone can answer this question for me. Why am I not able to take classes at my "local public University"... university of Florida. And I'm not talking about post-bac programs or anything... just informally taking the classes I need. Any ideas? Advice? Ideas on how I can fulfill my pre-reqs in Gainesville??

Much appreciated,
Mack

Members don't see this ad.

Mackchops said:
Hey there,

Maybe someone can answer this question for me. Why am I not able to take classes at my "local public University"... university of Florida. And I'm not talking about post-bac programs or anything... just informally taking the classes I need. Any ideas? Advice? Ideas on how I can fulfill my pre-reqs in Gainesville??

Much appreciated,
Mack

Hey a fellow Gator? I'm class of '01, and I considered going to UF for my post-bacc coursework but was told that the school is bursting at the seams from all the students, so they require an application process for all post-bacc students. Plus you receive low priority registration so you may not get into many upper level bio classes. I opted for a private school instead and it was great--small classes, honors registration, always got whatever class I wanted.

Incidentally, if you want to go to a FL school, you should know that even UF considers Miami's post-bacc pre-med program as the best in the state....even better than anything you could take at UF. It was odd when I heard them say it, but I guess they have their reasons.