You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Florida Man - Osteoarthritis edition
Started by Gfunk6
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I know derms that have hired an RO to work a linac that just does skin all day (rather than doing brachy). My understanding is that the linac only has various electron energies and maybe 6x and that's it.I’ve heard that a Podiatrist in Florida is opening his own RO center explicitly for OA and related conditions. Recruitment of a willing Rad Onc is underway. It’s like the electronic brachy fiasco all over again.
Can anyone confirm?
Wouldn't surprise me in the least but probably need more than one podiatrist in on that I bet. The derm rads setup I'm describing has several dermatologist physicians and APPs feeding the beast, no different than a urorads setup
Last edited:
Without IMRT that’s never gonna work out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You named it - it's happeningWithout IMRT that’s never gonna work out
Where in FL?I’ve heard that a Podiatrist in Florida is opening his own RO center explicitly for OA and related conditions. Recruitment of a willing Rad Onc is underway. It’s like the electronic brachy fiasco all over again.
Can anyone confirm?
Alert ASTRO! PodRads can be the next false flag they can rally behind for the next 10 years
Machine companies: make a cheap, OA-specific linac that carries a service contract and they will spread like wildfire.
Xstrahl already does this
220 kV, which is I guess is enough to treat the knee?Xstrahl already does this
I'd guess so. No sig photoelectric contribution up there and PDD of ~ 60% at 10 cm?220 kV, which is I guess is enough to treat the knee?
Not a homogeneous plan, but at OA doses should be fine.
Just saw this great email from Bridge Oncology this morning:
Is he saying that by using a linac providers could claim they’re using a linac.
As part of the initial consultation, aren't docs in FL expected to discuss the type of fraud they will be committing during your course of treatment?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A New York Proton Center doc lecturing the Radonc world on grift.As part of the initial consultation, aren't docs in FL expected to discuss the type of fraud they will be committing during your course of treatment?
Where is the "virtue signaling" outrage?
Imagine if someone acquired a "cheap" linac to do "cheap" treatments for patients. Without overbilling.
Just filling a market need and providing something good and low cost....like a chopped cheese.
Now that would be anathema to Bridge Oncology.
As part of the initial consultation, aren't docs in FL expected to discuss the type of fraud they will be committing during your course of treatment?
As part of the initial consultation, aren't docs in FL expected to discuss the type of fraud they will be committing during your course of treatment?
"Look - it said right there in your consent form we'd be bringing Gentle Cure machine right into the Villages rec center and treating you there with a daily ultrasound for image guidance. You signed it. I don't know why you're complaining about this bill?"
Will be very happy for Gentle Cure to go the way of the Dodo."Look - it said right there in your consent form we'd be bringing Gentle Cure machine right into the Villages rec center and treating you there with a daily ultrasound for image guidance. You signed it. I don't know why you're complaining about this bill?"
However, if a doc gets a low end linac and treats 80-year-old knees with AP/PA plans and clinical set-up (and does a solid consult with risk disclosure for these patients) ...who am I to judge.
Agree completely .Will be very happy for Gentle Cure to go the way of the Dodo.
However, if a doc gets a low end linac and treats 80-year-old knees with AP/PA plans and clinical set-up (and does a solid consult with risk disclosure for these patients) ...who am I to judge.
I'm just in it for the laughs and Florida-man memes.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHThe greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing anyone Bridge Oncology mattered
I have seen the "consulting" reports they provide. I actually am convinced CHAT GPT could do a better job.
Halcyon is now cheap?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I have seen the "consulting" reports they provide. I actually am convinced CHAT GPT could do a better job.
The reports are Chat-GTP, just the previous version
Similar threads
- Replies
- 72
- Views
- 10K