Florida pediatric immunizations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorRx1986

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Florida has now caught up with immunizing pediatric patients ages 3 and older . This just keeps getting better every year with the workload . Think about it - the chains are throwing more responsibility on us at the same pay or even less if you’re a new graduate - that’s just exploitive . At the 3-letter, there have been no raises since 2016, staffing cuts have been made left and right , demands and metrics are through the roof and they expect us as pharmacists to just take it in stride with some lube and take it up the you know what. It’s getting ridiculous .I saw this coming a while back but they continue to throw more and more **** at us as if we are the experts on everything . So, ok, fine it’s now part of our job description but at the end of the day we are NOT pediatricians and certainly not qualified to deal with children and all the nuances they involve not to mention the questions parents may have . At some point , something has to give . You want to continue using our skills and abusing our licenses? You know what - PAY us a salary commensurate with our degree of increased liability and greater responsibilities. I have been seeing that the chains are becoming a revolving door , even amongst pharmacy managers and it’s precisely because of the abuse . But sure , as pharmacists , we take it all - we do everything . As they say , jack of all trades but master of none . Next thing you know we’ll be performing free prostrate exams on men 50+ in the future with your prescription while ensuring we ring you up within 15 minutes so your ice cream doesn’t melt . This profession is in need of an overhaul and needs union protection .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
lol...I used to joke about the piddly little grocery chain I worked for mandating us to do rectal exams ("rectal health- it's NO laughing matter" with Annie the dancing anus as our mascot). There was also some (serious) talk on the corporate level about diabetic foot exams while you wait for your rx. I kid you not. Fortunately that never materialized but it was thought about when they made one RPh at every store become a ceritifed "diabetic educator" (that part DID happen).