Florida Tech Psy.D. program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psycguy85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with/graduate from Florida Tech's PsyD program or know much about its reputation?

Members don't see this ad.

If its Florida Institute of Technology your talking about I don't know much about the quality of the program but have a few stats per the insiders guide that might help.

Only 21% of their most recent graduating class were accepted by APPIC member internships. Yikes. Maybe it was just a really off year?

On the bright side their financial assistance is good compared to other psy.d programs...56% got tuition waiver and assistantship. Looks like there are a few prof's with grant supported research too. You probably know all this but if not hope it helps some.

Only 21% of their most recent graduating class were accepted by APPIC member internships. Yikes. Maybe it was just a really off year?

Ouch!

From what I heard about 2006 matches.....it was harder all around because of less spots and more applicants (spill over from the previous year...etc)

My friend did a PhD in I/O there and liked it...though they may only share a couple faculty members.....so don't put too much weight in that. The school is in Melbourne, which is a pretty boring place, and a some-what suburb of Orlando....but it is still in FL, so the weather isn't half bad!

-t

not full tuition waivers and the tuition is very expensive. . .

e.g., they might get 1500$ off of $9000 one semester, not every semester.

Yes, sorry that's a fairly critical omission.