Floridan student please help with this question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chaunguyen

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am currently a pharmacy student at different state. I plan to find a summer pharmacy technician job in Florida this summer. I saw that Florida requires either 1500 hours training or Pharmacy Training Certified Board (PTCB) for a pharm tech position. If I prove to them that I am in pharmacy school, will the employer waiver the PTCB? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
 
Hi,
I am currently a pharmacy student at different state. I plan to find a summer pharmacy technician job in Florida this summer. I saw that Florida requires either 1500 hours training or Pharmacy Training Certified Board (PTCB) for a pharm tech position. If I prove to them that I am in pharmacy school, will the employer waiver the PTCB? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

I am almost afraid to post this. I work as a tech using only my intern license (I am not certified). I only recently heard that apparently in some states just having an intern license is not enough to be employed as a tech (I think this was brought up on SDN some time ago)? I find that so weird. Anyway I think if you get a Florida intern license that should be enough for you to get a summer job. That requirement is quite new here, as far as I know interns are allowed to work as techs.

Good Luck, and let me know what you find out!