Flu Shot Numbness?

Started by Yesshh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yesshh

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gave a flu shot earlier, 4th year student, and the patient noticed some numbness when I gave it.

I tried to inject into the deltoid but the plunger wouldn't press, so I withdrew a little and have the vaccine no problem.

It is making me a little worried as I have never had any issues giving flu shots.

Any thoughts?
 
No worries. It will go away. If it's like that in a couple of weeks, have them go to the doctor. You didn't do anything wrong. You are literally sticking a needle into the arm. It's a physical act.