Fly into where for KCOM interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

which airport would I be flying into for my KCOM interview??

Members don't see this ad.

Kansas City (MO) is 2.5 hours away from Kirksville. St. Louis Lambert is about 3-3.5 hours away.

From KC, you will fly into Kirksville on Redwing Airlines.

Members don't see this ad :)
Poet

I would suggest the drive. It gives you a feeling of just where you are at in relation to civilization. Kirksville is a cute little town. I would strongly suggest the drive.

Richard

Thanks for everones replies! I think im flying in.. $$ and time restrict me from the drive.. but thank you richierich!

I would like to further add that it would probably be just as cheap to drive from Kansas City with a rental car as to fly on Red Wing. Some people love Red Wing and others get off the flight swearing they will never step foot on it again.

As for time, it may be almost as short to drive. It takes an hour to fly it and 2.5 or so to drive it. Once you add in getting picked up at "kirksville-definitely-not-international-airport" you end up with close to the same amount of time. From a student perspective I would say that few of us ever fly on Red Wing, but they drive instead.

Hi Rach,

Thanks for that advice, Im not sure what to do now!! I really dont want to make a 2.5 hour drive though, and I would much rather fly. Being a skydiver, Im not afraid of little planes.. those are what we jump out of!! (the little cessna's that seem like they are about to crash all the time haha) Im very used to small airports.. I could even say Im used to stretches of pavement that resemble airport landings but .. >ahem< you know
smile.gif

I think Ive voted on flying.. but I appreciate your comments.
smile.gif

Poet,

You mentioned $$ being a concern. Last I checked, Red Wing was $130/round trip from KCI...they ONLY fly KCI<-->K'Ville about 3~4 trips/day. It's about a 90 minute flight. The car will be less; but not a whole lot less...unless you get one of those roller-skate w/ a small motor. People my size don't fit in them very well...I feel like I'm wearing the car instead of driving it!! LMAO

------------------
Old Man Dave
KCOM, Class of 2003

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!