Flying Out Directly After an Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted518758

Hey guys! I have a question. For one of my interviews, I am flying out directly after my interview- meaning I won't have time to go back to my hotel to get my stuff. Did any of you bring all of your luggage to your interview? If you did, were the schools have maybe a locker or a room for you to store it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Also would like to know about this!

I'm going to have to do this too so I'd be interested to hear about this as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same situation. UOP interview ends at 4:30 and my flight out is at 5:30. Cutting it close.

At UDM they had a security room to put the luggage into. I didn't have to do this though - made friends with another interviewer who said he could drive me and another guy back to the airport free of charge! Just put our luggage into his rental car before the interview.

Re interview at 4:30, flight at 5:30 - that seems like its cutting it waaaaaaaay too close, no? As a Canadian I've booked no earlier than 3 hours after interviews are done, so I would think 2 hours for anyone else.

Well it's either that or sleep in the airport over night so I'm going to make it. Ill just have to leave the last bit of the day early.

So I am hoping at all the schools will have a security room like this.. I will call my schools tomorrow and I will post later on!

Reactions: 1 user
i brought my luggage to many interviews. They will store it for you.

Hey guys! I have a question. For one of my interviews, I am flying out directly after my interview- meaning I won't have time to go back to my hotel to get my stuff. Did any of you bring all of your luggage to your interview? If you did, were the schools have maybe a locker or a room for you to store it? Thanks!
The answer is yes and no. Most interviews end at around 4:30. Flights leave at 5:30 and that's not enough time. If you want to fly a little later it might cost you a couple hundreds more, because later flights are more expensive. I am just staying an extra night at my interview destinations. Paying extra ~65 dollars for a hotel is better than extra ~200 for a later flight. That's my 0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did that for all 3 of my interviews last cycle. Since my flights were leaving directly after the interview(s) I would bring my stuff to the interview. I asked them before scheduling the date and they said that it would be okay. They would take my bag and would put it in their admissions office behind a table. One school let me put it in the cafe room where only students and teachers are allowed to be. So, yea they should be okay with it. Just call the admissions office and ask them if its okay. I'm sure they all understand that you guys have flights right after the interview and some of you gotta leave. Well I know I did cause I had class and exams the next day.

Ideally staying an extra night is the best scenario, but it isn't possbile in every situation- especially not with my work schedule. :( I only have so many vacation days/sick days lol. I just called Colorado and they said I could leave my things in their admissions office!

Most schools allow you to bring the luggage with you and store it at the main office. For me I could go back to the hotel where I asked a receptionist to keep my stuff.

At UDM they had a security room
Yea when I went there the security room has a couple of M-16s also. Christ Detroit.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed at case western. I brought my luggage with me. The admissions office told me before hand that they will have a room for luggage if you need to bring it with you. Just to be safe I would just ask the admissions office at the school you're interviewing at.

With my future interviews I will have to bring my luggage to the interviews, and my dad told me that it happens all the time in the business world.

My dad has done countless business trips, and he said it happens very often in his work. My father and other traveling professionals would go to their work place or meet their clients, fully dressed and tagging along their luggage. He said it's quite expected nowadays and 90% of the time, there is a place to safely store their belongings.

Kinda different thing but i think it's still applicable.

you can definitely bring your stuff. all school knows that we are traveling from all over to get to our interviews. Schools Ive interviewed at so far all had a place for us to keep our things. They told us to bring anything valuable like our wallets and such with us while we were touring the school but I had a small suit case and garment bag I kept somewhere the entire time!
As far as traveling, I WOULDNT book the 5:30 flight out ESPECIALLY if youre leaving from SFO. The security there takes much longer compared to SJC or OAK. However, you wouldn't make it to the other airports if your interview is over at 4:30.
However, the schools tell you 4:30, but you'll probably be out a little early!

I would check with the U - some of my interview invites have specifically noted a time not to book a flight out before.