FM and OB PS Dilemma

Started by Deveraux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Deveraux

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm an applicant applying this cycle to OBGYN programs with FM programs as a backup.

This morning I got an interview from two of my FM programs but when I logged into ERAS I saw that my FM Personal statement had been sent to the OBGYN programs, which was devastating. I quickly corrected it and shot off emails to the ERAS help desk (it's the weekend so the number doesn't work) and to my school deans. I don't know how this happened if it was a glitch on the displaying part of ERAS or my FM statement was sent to the OBGYN programs. I wonder now with the updates statement (the two statements are essentially the same with few differences between the two) the programs will see the update but will choose to read the original statement. In the same regard since it has been only 24 hours since the applications went out im hoping no one has downloaded the statement. I'm just wondering how badly i have shot my self in the foot and wont be getting any interviews as a result? HELLPPP
 
Hi, I'm an applicant applying this cycle to OBGYN programs with FM programs as a backup.

This morning I got an interview from two of my FM programs but when I logged into ERAS I saw that my FM Personal statement had been sent to the OBGYN programs, which was devastating. I quickly corrected it and shot off emails to the ERAS help desk (it's the weekend so the number doesn't work) and to my school deans. I don't know how this happened if it was a glitch on the displaying part of ERAS or my FM statement was sent to the OBGYN programs. I wonder now with the updates statement (the two statements are essentially the same with few differences between the two) the programs will see the update but will choose to read the original statement. In the same regard since it has been only 24 hours since the applications went out im hoping no one has downloaded the statement. I'm just wondering how badly i have shot my self in the foot and wont be getting any interviews as a result? HELLPPP
I think they just get exchanged in the system. Only issue is if they printed them. I wouldn't worry. Honestly, few programs review applicationd on the first day (esspecially as this was a friday), they will give it a few days and review a bunch then. This is my reccomendation, call on of your lower choices, explain to the coordinator what happened and see if the issue was corrected or not. Worst case you don't get that program and you know if the problem was corrected. I don't think anyone will fault you for applying to a backup, especially not FM, which includes obstetrics.

Good luck and remember these issues happen every year!