FM Programs in MD, DC, VA & NC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xscape5525

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone familiar with the FM programs in the MD, DC, VA, and NC region? I've interviewed at several programs in those areas and was wondering if anyone has advice for applicants to programs in those areas?
 
can't give you much feedback on programs. (I won't interview until next year), but can you give your credentials and experiences at the interviews? laidback? medical questions? etc...Good luck PS Personally I think NC has a lot to offer, especially if you have family. 😎
 
xscape5525 said:
Is anyone familiar with the FM programs in the MD, DC, VA, and NC region? I've interviewed at several programs in those areas and was wondering if anyone has advice for applicants to programs in those areas?
I don't know that I have any advice, which programs did you interview at? I could probably tell you lots about UVA, though that's the only VA program I applied to (kind of want to get out of the state). I looked at a bunch of places in NC, though. What sort of information are you looking for?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cristagali said:
can't give you much feedback on programs. (I won't interview until next year), but can you give your credentials and experiences at the interviews? laidback? medical questions? etc...Good luck PS Personally I think NC has a lot to offer, especially if you have family. 😎
Ok, thanks. All of my interviews have been really laidback without a lot of medical questions. The interviews having been mainly about getting to know me as a person and my career goals, and just giving me the opportunity to ask questions about the program. Very few programs asked about specific things such as what I learned or experienced on the wards, an inspirational person in my life, etc...
 
gwyn779 said:
I don't know that I have any advice, which programs did you interview at? I could probably tell you lots about UVA, though that's the only VA program I applied to (kind of want to get out of the state). I looked at a bunch of places in NC, though. What sort of information are you looking for?
I'm mainly interested to know if anyone has heard anything really great or really bad about any of the programs in those areas. It's kind of hard to really learn the ins and outs of a program in just one day on the interview trail or even in one day taking a second look. There aren't many in the MD, DC, or Northern VA area, so I interviewed at U of Md, Franklin Square, Georgetown/Providence, and Fairfax/VCU. As for NC...only Duke, UNC, and East Carolina.