FMG and Couple's Matching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reignmaker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been on here for several months with various questions and thank you to everyone for the advice and words of encouragement - incredibly helpful! Here's the skinny:

Applying for anesthesiology while my husband's applying for surgery. We're both FMGs from the Caribbean. So far we have 8 possibilities of matching together including ones where he would match prelim surg (not the most ideal situation, but we'll take what we can get). From other FMG couple's we've heard that it's all about organizing our ROL properly and making sure that all possibilities are included. I haven't met any other Anesthesia/Surgery FMG couples, so I don't really know who to ask for advice. I know it's a long shot for us, but these are the fields we love and neither of us wanted the other to compromise our career choice.

Any tips for setting up that ROL properly?
Anything else we can do to improve our chances with programs other than being in touch with them and doing second looks?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.