FNAC query off topic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HBK86

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
How do you do a cervical lymph node fnac in a kid (they move like anything). All suggestions welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Years ago when I did GP for a couple yrs Chlorohydrate was pretty popular for simple procedures like that. That with a properly applied mummy wrap.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can hold it firmly with three fingers, you can do it.

who are you? You dont, its that simple unless you are pediatric surgeon or interventionalist that has access to safe sedation.

I HATE these posts with crazy topics that actually seem as if you are trying to get internet consensus from random people for how to actually PRACTICE MEDICINE, on KIDS NO LESS!!

Im near 100% positive its against the TOS too because I would assume SDN would get sued left and right if attorneys actually got wind some azzhat doctor had created a treatment plan based on random internet postings. It takes the concept of "Phd in Wikipedia" to a whole new level...

A ridiculous question from an old IMG. Typical.

The correct answer is : stop doing FNAs. Let the radiologists do it.

What I'm more concerned about is that an old IMG is soliciting medical practice advice from an anonymous internet forum.

Our field is beyond help.

OK, I’m certainly not advocating pathologist-performed pediatric FNA’s.
A question was asked and this is how we sewed up little kids back in the latter 70’s.