Focalin Dose!!?!?

Started by Mcat14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mcat14

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just curious what is the maximum dose you guys have seen prescribed to adults and kids for Focalin (regular not XR)??
I know as per clinical Pharmacology its 20mg/day but I curious about in reality.
I have seen people have been prescribed up to 50 mg/day. is that normal??

Any input will be appreciated

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how liable are we if something went wrong with those patients. I mean we know that is higher than normal dose.
 
A good doctor would do extended release and IRs at regular intervals as needed. I've never seen focalin at 50/day nor do i want to. It's obvious you should call the doctor and document this to cover your ass if you choose to fill the rx. Putting someone on that much IR focalin is shady at best...