Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone here worked/interned/shadowed a food animal vet? How did you get in contact with them? Was it difficult finding someone to work with? I assume like equine vets most food animal vets work alone usually out of their vehicles?
I am interested in pursuing a DVM/pHD maybe focused on diseases common between humans and animals specifically pertaining to food animals (or maybe diseases that start in an animal population). Not really sure it is just an idea right now.
However all my experience so far has been small animal clinic, exotics (zoo), lab animals (rodents), and equine. Not sure schools will treat me seriously without the background and experience to back me up.
I am interested in pursuing a DVM/pHD maybe focused on diseases common between humans and animals specifically pertaining to food animals (or maybe diseases that start in an animal population). Not really sure it is just an idea right now.
However all my experience so far has been small animal clinic, exotics (zoo), lab animals (rodents), and equine. Not sure schools will treat me seriously without the background and experience to back me up.