For anyone who has applied Early Decision...

Started by member0000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

member0000

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are rejected, I don't know if I exactly understand what happens next?

I understand that you are able to submit again to different schools via PTCAS, but how exactly does that happen? Do you just submit and pay for yet another application through PTCAS...Like a regular application just like you would've done if you hadn't applied early admission?
 
You will not have to do another app. you will pay for each additional school you submit to. You will have to wait until the ED period is closed. Check the date and be ready immediately to submit those additional schools.
 
Is it more difficult to get accepted to schools that do Early Decision?

I will be applying to The Sage Colleges in NY and even though they do Early Decision they have the special eligibility requirement which I'm not eligible for which is:

"The DPT Program at The Sage Colleges gives preference to applicants who are currently matriculated as a pre-PT student within The Sage Colleges or attend the following articulation institutions - The College at Oneonta, University at Albany, Siena College, The College of St. Rose, Skidmore College, Hartwick College, Marist College, Castleton State College, and the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts."

And crap! The percent of in state applicants accepted is 90% and out of state 9% with a class size of 37. Wow. So this school is impossible to get in to if you are not one of those listed schools. Was on my list. 🙁
 
Last edited: