? for Ariel Winter

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvega13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Ariel!

Don't feel obliged to answer this question, but I was wondering why NECO was your 1st choice school (or at least I think I remember reading that in a previous post)? Their tuition is much more than other schools (like ICO, SUNY and PCO) and their living expenses is almost twice that of most other cities. So why, as a Canadian, would you choose the extra expenses?

Thanks

PS Congrats on the great OAT scores

Members don't see this ad.

hi! no problem... ask away! NECO is my 1st choice school for a few reasons:

1) my cousin is currently in his 3rd year at NECO (has all old notes and old exams etc.. that will be very useful to me). i can also live at his place until i find a place adaquetly priced for myself (ie: when he finishes his OD program).

2) going to OD school is not cheap anyway. no matter where one goes (assuming he or she is not a resident), he or she will be over $120,000 dollars in debt. i also believe that if one works hard, he or she will be able to pay off this debt within 5 years of graduation. i know people who have done so without problems. to me, you cannot put a price tag on a good education, and i truly believe NECO will give me the best education.

3) the professors and other educators at NECO are top-notch. i have conversed with many of them and they are both understanding and extremely helpful. this is essential to surviving in OD school.

4) NECO is a small school. some of the other schools you mentioned have rather large class sizes. i like to know my classmates and instructors.

5) i love boston. this is not to say that philly or new york are at all inferior. but it is true to say that i think boston is the best city in the US.

these are just a few of the reasons why i picked NECO over other schools. i hope you see where i am coming from. many will still think i am ignorant for going to a school with a high tuition, but i think in the long run, i will be happiest there.

take care and good luck! :)

nvega13 said:
Hey Ariel!

Don't feel obliged to answer this question, but I was wondering why NECO was your 1st choice school (or at least I think I remember reading that in a previous post)? Their tuition is much more than other schools (like ICO, SUNY and PCO) and their living expenses is almost twice that of most other cities. So why, as a Canadian, would you choose the extra expenses?

Thanks

PS Congrats on the great OAT scores

ariel winter said:
4) NECO is a small school. some of the other schools you mentioned have rather large class sizes. i like to know my classmates and instructors.

Hmmmn....i thought NECO class size was 110 ....not large? :confused:

can we compare that to ico and pco? ;)

Dr.Perfect said:
Hmmmn....i thought NECO class size was 110 ....not large? :confused: