For Current 3rd Years....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medready2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What books/resources would you consider to be helpful in reading before starting third year clerkships??

Thanks for the help!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on what rotation you're starting with. I'd read through a small book for the rotation you're starting with if you have time.

Anka

Members don't see this ad :)
The best thing to do before your clerkships is to talk to the 4th years or your fellow 3rd years who have already taken that clerkship. The information from these guys is very valuable.

Thanks for the replies!!

Bono:

What type of questions do you think will be the most helpful for me to ask the 3rd and 4th years in order to prepare me for next year??

If you want, you can read First Aid for the Wards before you start rotations, but there's really no need. You might want to go over Dubin's EKG book especially if you have Medicine first.

In terms of what to ask M3/M4 students at your school, try to find out how clinical evaluations work at your school (which attendings will be evaluating you - the attendings with whom who worked or the clerkship director?, what percent of your grade is based on the NBME shelf, etc).