? for Idiopathic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giznut12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to know if that rapid review pathology book is coming out this month?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

mosby.com says 5/4/2004. Goljan's Stars book is similar but a little more boggy than this material. Honestly, I think the Rapid Review books are better short term material anyway. I guess try and pick one up in May and you should be able to get through it and the ~600 questions that come with it.

I was told by someone who allegedly knew (but was not affiliated with the book) that it would be out the beginning of this year. Sorry that I apparently led people astray.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Idiopathic.

I was given a copy of Gojan's actual notes from a friend. It is broken down into general path and systemic path. It seems like alot of material. Are you planning on using his notes or are you going to use one of his books to study for boards?

Thanks again.

Well, we have him as a professor and he does our board review, so I eat, sleep and breathe Goljan, just in studying for Path. I would certainly use his books or notes if I had them available. Like I said, the STARS series, which isnt that long, is very similar to our notes, which are all in outline format.

He also preaches doing as many questions as you can, so I will start QBank about May 1, I think, and hit that really hard after finals.

I was just curious...Does Goljan require or encourage you to read a text such as Robbins along with his notes, or do you simply use his notes for your pathology course. I find it quite time consuming and sometimes pointless to read Robbins.

We don't use the Robbins text at all. He does try to get us to do questions out of the Robbins review book (I'm sure Idiopathic can remember the exact name of it).

All I use is Goljan's notes and his Stars book (as a resource when needed).