????? for LECOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuzyQ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok...Im not sure if im completely clear on the rotation schedule at LECOM. During the 3rd and 4th year I know yo uhave to do rotations and that LECOM has many affiliated hospitals and you change your rotation every 6 weeks.....now does this mean you have to go travel to a different hospital every 6 weeks or can you do several rotations at the same hospital?? THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad.

SuzyQ,

From what I understand, you can do several rotations at one hospital if you like. Also a lot of students chose to do most of their rotations in one city (Pittsburgh for instance where we have several affiliates). This way, they don't have to move too much, or they can be close to their hometown, whatever the reason. Some people want the experience of rotating around to experience small town vs. city medicine. I don't know the specifics of choosing yet, but from what I understand, you get into groups (that you pretty much pick) and within your group decide what areas you want to go to (and then hospitals). Hope that helps.

NJDO