for MCG students_laptop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent_girl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, those of you who know, or who go to the MCG
did you guys need a laptop at school?
are lectures in power point or any computerized source?
I was wondering if I should switch mine to a lighter one
for school use
letme knoW!

Members don't see this ad.

I do not go there, but I have visited a couple lectures with my friend there. He has a laptop, but I dont believe one is required. Yes most lectures are powerpoint but most of the students had them printed out or simply took notes from them. MCG didnt even have wifi in that lecture hall when I was there, but I think they have it up now. If I get in, I'll be using my laptop :smuggrin:

the lectures are usually on powerpoint. so far, the deal is that they give you printouts for the first year, and post pdf files on webct. second year, they only post them on webct and you have to print them out. however, every year a group of students get together to start a notes club that provides printouts for a fee each semester.
so a laptop is not required, and most people that have them and bring them to class end up surfing the web (i sat near the back and could see everybody on facebook, google earth, etc). there is wireless network for laptops and handhelds in the classrooms, along with docking stations and power outlets in the tabletop every couple seats.
g