For military spouses

Started by JJVmom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JJVmom

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to spread the word...

There's now a "career advancement" program for military spouses, which will pay for the school, certification test, and licensing to become a pharm tech. It's open to spouses of all ranks. Call Military Onesource to see if your base is participating.

I was just going to take the tech test and not attend a school, since my life is consumed w/my science prereqs and the schools are so much money, but if they're going to pay for it, why not?

I'm attending a meeting on it next week. I'll post more details after I find them out.
 
I just want to spread the word...

There's now a "career advancement" program for military spouses, which will pay for the school, certification test, and licensing to become a pharm tech. It's open to spouses of all ranks. Call Military Onesource to see if your base is participating.

I was just going to take the tech test and not attend a school, since my life is consumed w/my science prereqs and the schools are so much money, but if they're going to pay for it, why not?

I'm attending a meeting on it next week. I'll post more details after I find them out.

I would like to hear more details! 🙂
 
Here are the specifics: http://caa.milspouse.org/Eligibility/. You can also call Military OneSource at 1-800-342-9647. My mtg next week is to see if I qualify. I already have a bachelors, but since I'm changing careers, the woman I s/w didn't think it would be a problem. My only issue now is finding the time w/out sacrificing my chemistry and bio classes!
 
Here are the specifics: http://caa.milspouse.org/Eligibility/. You can also call Military OneSource at 1-800-342-9647. My mtg next week is to see if I qualify. I already have a bachelors, but since I'm changing careers, the woman I s/w didn't think it would be a problem. My only issue now is finding the time w/out sacrificing my chemistry and bio classes!

Yes this is a great thing but it is just a available to a few bases. Too bad they don't offer it where am at 😡