For people going to Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind, how are you financing?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still cofused on the whole loan thing. I filled out the FAFSA last week, EFC=0.

Now do I have to go somewhere else to borrow more money than whatever the government will give me? Who should I go to? How does this work? I've never had to take out loans before.

My financing will be from some kind of loans... b/c yeah I can't afford school on my own.

Wow I feel more comfortable now knowing that. I've never taken loans either, this will be my first...I guess a new adventure. Should be fun! Not.

I heard at Nova you can take part 1 of the boards the first year...do they really teach you enough to get a good score?

Too many questions

Members don't see this ad :)
dexadental said:
Wow I feel more comfortable now knowing that. I've never taken loans either, this will be my first...I guess a new adventure. Should be fun! Not.

I heard at Nova you can take part 1 of the boards the first year...do they really teach you enough to get a good score?

Too many questions

Someone said that on sdn.

I called financial aid this morning and I said that filled out FAFSA in january, and I was wondering when I will get info on what types of loans im eligible for etc. They responded by saying that they will do all the health proffessions division financial aid in a month or two..

So just wait...

Im anxious too, because I also want to leave room for errors in FAFSA and want to make sure the federal govt is gonna subsidize my education.

cya

I'm planning on taking out loans to pay for everything. I will have no other source. I have no savings and my parents are definitely not helping me out. I'm going to need money not only for school, but for rent, food, car/health insurance...and everything in between. I just hope financial aid will make this easy for me. I've never taken out loans before, either.

I know I can call and ask, and probably will... but since you're all talking about financial aid, do any of you know if you have to fill in your parent's information on the FAFSA. My wife and I are not dependents, but my bro-in-law in medical school said he had to anyway in order to be considered for some of the grants, etc. Just wondering...

mrc53 said:
I know I can call and ask, and probably will... but since you're all talking about financial aid, do any of you know if you have to fill in your parent's information on the FAFSA. My wife and I are not dependents, but my bro-in-law in medical school said he had to anyway in order to be considered for some of the grants, etc. Just wondering...
From what I understand it can only help and not hurt. I'm not dependent (married) but am putting my parents info.

mrc53 said:

Spoke with the Financial Aid Officer at NSUCDM and my accountant, both said that if you are claiming INDEPENDENT in your taxes, you do NOT have to fill out your parents info. But don't take my word for it, go contact NSU Financial Aid Office and ask.

^ that is correct.

I didn't fill out my parent's info.