For Reapplicants

Started by dumbguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dumbguy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any reapplicants in here? 2nd,3rd time applying?
Please post your stories and what you have learned. thanks.
 
Hey!

I'm a reapplicant...2nd time applying.
I suggest applying to out-of-state schools. It really increases your chances especially b/c CA is so darn competitive now a days.
Even though I had to spend ~$500 to fly and interview at MA, it was so worth it.
The feeling of knowing that I have been accepted somewhere took alot of pressure off of me. I think it even helped me do better in my CA school interviews.
Have you tried applying to MCPHS or Pacific? From reading the forums, they seem to interview/accept CA people. You should also take your PCATs and apply to schools that accept a fair amount of out-of-state ppl. I took my PCATs in October and was going to apply to 8 more out-of-state schools if I didn't get in by the end of this year.

Try not to let Western get you down. I know it's hard..I was there last year.
It's still early in the cycle and you still have a chance!

Good luck to you! 🙂
 
do you know of some of the schools that accept a higher number of out-of-state people? and yeah, CA schools are so competitive. 🙁
 
Here's what I did:

Look at the Roll Call.
Look at the people that got into CA schools.
Do you see their names in other out-of-state schools?
If so, apply to those out-of-state schools. 🙂

Don't forget, if you could always look at Roll Calls from previous years by checking out the "Pharmacy Forum".