You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
For the love of CAFFEINE
Started by Optimus-Prime
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
In a few months, it will be easy for you guys to determine if we are classmates.
I'll be the bear sitting in class drinking this:
I'll be the bear sitting in class drinking this:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take it to the next level
You know Steve-O has a great way of bonging things
Pretty sure I'm immune to coffee. I drank it as a baby and now it has no effect on me. 🙁
Sneak into the lab inventories and just snort the stuff pure every morning.
You...you drank coffee as a baby? 😕Pretty sure I'm immune to coffee. I drank it as a baby and now it has no effect on me. 🙁
Toddler, yup. I loved it. 75 percent milk and the rest coffee.You...you drank coffee as a baby? 😕
I bet you were the most productive toddler ever.Toddler, yup. I loved it. 75 percent milk and the rest coffee.
Toddler, yup. I loved it. 75 percent milk and the rest coffee.
...Its genius
My sister has been drinking coffee the same way since she was like 6 haha!Toddler, yup. I loved it. 75 percent milk and the rest coffee.
I was drinking about three cups a day, and now I'm down to about 1/2 a cup of cold brew coffee..........it's not that I don't like coffee anymore, but I'm still considering Dentistry haha! If I go the dental route, I'll probably just stop drinking coffee altogether, however if I decide to go Medical, who cares!? COFFEE ALL DAY LONG!
D
deleted407021
Wow. I just drank Yoo-hoos.Toddler, yup. I loved it. 75 percent milk and the rest coffee.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow. I just drank Yoo-hoos.
I just loved the taste! I was a weird child. I don't even know if it had much of an effect on me then either.
Now I drink it iced and black (LOVE the taste).
I feel ya. I plan on going cold turkey 6 weeks before school starts, so i can ease back into it.I drank a lot of coffee in undergrad. I drank more during my masters. At work at least two cups a day. Medical School? I'm nervous....
D
deleted407021
Yeah. I very seldom drink coffee, but when I do, it's the same way.Now I drink it iced and black (LOVE the taste).
I bet you were the most productive toddler ever.
yeah ... or craziest most hyper toddler that never goes to sleep.
I feel ya. I plan on going cold turkey 6 weeks before school starts, so i can ease back into it.
I'm might ween myself down to a cup, I can't quit the fresh cup of morning joe
MAKES MY GODDAMN DAY!
MAKES MY GODDAMN DAY!
I feel you. Caffeine aside, it just makes me happy and is a great way to start off the day.
And to continue the day, at 10 AM.
And 2 PM.
And 4 PM.
Its warm, bitter, and I love dark roast. Not only good for the chest hair, but good for the soul
I was drinking about three cups a day, and now I'm down to about 1/2 a cup of cold brew coffee..........it's not that I don't like coffee anymore, but I'm still considering Dentistry haha! If I go the dental route, I'll probably just stop drinking coffee altogether, however if I decide to go Medical, who cares!? COFFEE ALL DAY LONG!
Dental school is more exhausting, you will need more than coffee...
I've been saving up for this since I started my current job:
Going to install a PID controller and never sleep again.
Going to install a PID controller and never sleep again.
Its warm, bitter, and I love dark roast. Not only good for the chest hair, but good for the soul
Most people don't realize that dark roast actually has less caffeine because it has been burned off.
I've avoided coffee thus far, I don't think first and second year will change that with non-mandatory lectures. 3rd year and beyond though I'll probably have a large supply of 5 hour energy. I've worked my share of overnight shifts and if I couldn't nap beforehand a little energy shot was enough.
I was drinking about three cups a day, and now I'm down to about 1/2 a cup of cold brew coffee..........it's not that I don't like coffee anymore, but I'm still considering Dentistry haha! If I go the dental route, I'll probably just stop drinking coffee altogether, however if I decide to go Medical, who cares!? COFFEE ALL DAY LONG!
One of my dentist friends drinks more Mountain Dew than any person I've ever known.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys are still playing in the minor leagues.
http://liquidcaffeine.com/
Caffeinated orange juice, Caffeinated muffins, caffeinated cookies. Caffeinated anything.
http://liquidcaffeine.com/
Caffeinated orange juice, Caffeinated muffins, caffeinated cookies. Caffeinated anything.
You guys are still playing in the minor leagues.
http://liquidcaffeine.com/
Caffeinated orange juice, Caffeinated muffins, caffeinated cookies. Caffeinated anything.
But it's more than just the caffeine. Coffee makes every cell in my body dance the electric slide out of pure joy. It rejuvenates my delicate soul and gently prepares it for the day ahead. And it tastes so good.
Can I introduce you to pre-workout? That's where the real caffeine game is at. My lord, can't get to the toilet fast enough. I introduced a post doc in my lab to DS Craze and he started taking it at work just to get through the day. He kind of hated his job though.
For coffee, you have to make it yourself. It just tastes better that way. Pour over, espresso, French press, moka pot, aeropress, gotta have them all.
For coffee, you have to make it yourself. It just tastes better that way. Pour over, espresso, French press, moka pot, aeropress, gotta have them all.
And dear god the aroma of freshly roasted beans. I honestly don't think there's a smell on earth I like more.But it's more than just the caffeine. Coffee makes every cell in my body dance the electric slide out of pure joy. It rejuvenates my delicate soul and gently prepares it for the day ahead. And it tastes so good.
Sneak into the lab inventories and just snort the stuff pure every morning.
Noob. Put your Ochem knowledge to use and freebase that ****.
And dear god the aroma of freshly roasted beans. I honestly don't think there's a smell on earth I like more.
And dear god the aroma of freshly roasted beans. I honestly don't think there's a smell on earth I like more.
Double quoting to f@cking emphasize my like.
Caffeine is metabolized by CYP1A2, one of the first liver enzymes toddlers acquire a high concentration of... you probably had high levels if CYP1A2 😛
Don't ruin this.
Never understood why people like caffeine :/
Because people like to be awake during important things.
Serious? I think soda is actually worse for your teeth than coffee. I used to drink a lot more soda too, but after now I hardly ever do. The only reason I'd drink less coffee is to not stain my teeth as much, and lower the acidic environment in my mouth. I've been drinking just a little bit of cold brew coffee the last couple of days and it's really great! I drink it iced, and with a straw, so it's not in contact with my teeth for as long. Also, cold brew is 66% less acidic than normal coffee!One of my dentist friends drinks more Mountain Dew than any person I've ever known.
It's more exhausting? Maybe during the first two years, because you have your lab hours too, but I can't see it being worse than residency hours. I'm sure there are plenty of dentists who drink coffee though......?Dental school is more exhausting, you will need more than coffee...
Because people like to be awake during important things.
I meant the taste/smell of coffee
I take caffeine for the buzz but choose to pass on coffee
I meant the taste/smell.
oh, you mean coffee, not caffeine (as you said in your post).
Idk man. Coffee smells, tastes, looks, feels, and sounds delicious to me.
oh, you mean coffee, not caffeine (as you said in your post).
Idk man. Coffee smells, tastes, looks, feels, and sounds delicious to me.
Yeah... I kinda like the smell, but I guess its just me I hate drinking it lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Double quoting to f@cking emphasize my like.
I live within walking distance of a Dunn Bros. that has only one person roast their beans, and he knows his ****. Every roasting day is like heaven.
I live within walking distance of a Dunn Bros. that has only one person roast their beans, and he knows his ****. Every roasting day is like heaven.
I gotta start makin my own $hit
http://www.coffeebeandirect.com/
I need the equipment though
P.S. has anyone tried the coffee that monkey-lookin thing craps out
That there be a bucket list item; $50 a cup i hear
That there be a bucket list item; $50 a cup i hear
It's more exhausting? Maybe during the first two years, because you have your lab hours too, but I can't see it being worse than residency hours. I'm sure there are plenty of dentists who drink coffee though......?
Well in that case I agree although OMFS is notoriously exhausting like ENT.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 40
- Views
- 14K