for the reapplicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airpotato

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know off the top of their head which schools absolutely do NOT accept a third application?

Members don't see this ad.

none, that i know of, they will be more than happy to take your secondary application fee as many times as you will give it to them:cool:

Harvard said an applicant can only apply twice to their medical school. But I am not sure about their dental school....:confused:

Anyone know off the top of their head which schools absolutely do NOT accept a third application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard said an applicant can only apply twice to their medical school. But I am not sure about their dental school....:confused:

Thats like comparing apples to oranges.
You cant do it.

But you can apply as many times as you would like to a school. its just sometimes you will have to do just a little more work like on UPenn's app. where you have to write another essay.

those schools love their money.:laugh:

Thats like comparing apples to oranges.
You cant do it.

But you can apply as many times as you would like to a school. its just sometimes you will have to do just a little more work like on UPenn's app. where you have to write another essay.

those schools love their money.:laugh:

I have the worst pre-health adviser in the universe...he really tries to discourage people from applying, and has told me since like my sophomore year that I will NOT get into a dental school.

He also said that a lot of school will not accept and second or third application, so that if I don't get in this year or next to just stop trying. Conveniently, he didn't know the names of any of the schools he was talking about.

My advisor told me that the second time you apply to dental school your chances of acceptance will be a little bit higher then the first time. BUT, if you apply for the third time, fourth time etc.. your chances actually DO start to decrease. So if you are applying for the 50th billion time then your chances will not be very high according to my advisor. Your best bet will be your SECOND time applying to dental school.

I have the worst pre-health adviser in the universe...he really tries to discourage people from applying, and has told me since like my sophomore year that I will NOT get into a dental school.

He also said that a lot of school will not accept and second or third application, so that if I don't get in this year or next to just stop trying. Conveniently, he didn't know the names of any of the schools he was talking about.

If you apply to the same schools multiple times it seems likely that they will eventually put your application straight into the round file. However, apply to a different list or at least a slightly modified list and you'll get at least a few fresh eyes on your application.

You adviser is an idiot
As far as applying multiple times to the same school, so long as everytime You apply you show your application with improvements, I don't see why this would hurt your chances, if anything, a person who applies 2 to 3 times to the same school shows determination and thats what those ADCOMS like to see, they want to see a person with strong determination to become a dentist and not "take no for an answer"