For those accepted to Michgan last week...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jim Halpert

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am home for the holidays so I will not be at my mailing address at school until early january. I know I was accepted and am waiting for the package, but it is being mailed to my address at school. I was wondering if any of you that interviewed in Novermber who received the package already could tell me when the deposit date is. If it is mid January then I will drive back to get the back (its only about an hour and half away), but if its in February then I will just wait. Please let me know and thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

$1,500.00 made payable to University of Michigan and the completed Personal Data Sheet by January 24, 2009 (money is nonrefundable/applied toward 1st semester tuition) - best of luck, man.

It really isn't a big pkg of materials. It is basically a letter size envelope.

Members don't see this ad :)
It really isn't a big pkg of materials. It is basically a letter size envelope.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know where my 1500 is going to... UDM or U of M....:confused:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know where my 1500 is going to... UDM or U of M....:confused:
Same problem here, I'm leaning to UDM. Both dentists I work for recommend UDM based on size of class, attentiveness of staff and clinical experience, not to mention the new facility. They were accepted at both as well. I'm not a fan of the large university setting of UofM (the undergrad program, law school, dental school, med school, grad school, etc. are all in Ann Arbor, it is a very large campus). Cost of living & parking are also high in AA. I know what you mean by "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh". Keep us posted, I'll be interested to hear your decision.

Team, is your goal still to get a DDS/PhD?

I finished my app for it but haven't submitted it yet. I am reconsidering because I'm not so sure what I really want to do as of now. Since I am planning to apply for the naval or air force scholarship I'm not sure if that Ph.D route is the way to go as of now.

But if I decide on going to Michigan then I will definitely reconsider my Ph.D option, since for DDS/Ph.D the first two year is the same and you can still apply after finishing D1.

UDM is very tempting because I live 5 minutes away from the school and I have friends that are current students loving their program.

At this point, I'm just gonna think real hard for next couple of weeks and do my hw in weighing pros and cons for both institutions.

Same problem here, I'm leaning to UDM. Both dentists I work for recommend UDM based on size of class, attentiveness of staff and clinical experience, not to mention the new facility. They were accepted at both as well. I'm not a fan of the large university setting of UofM (the undergrad program, law school, dental school, med school, grad school, etc. are all in Ann Arbor, it is a very large campus). Cost of living & parking are also high in AA. I know what you mean by "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh". Keep us posted, I'll be interested to hear your decision.

Both of my dentists graduated from U of M and said it doesn't really matter, they said if I don't get full funding then go with the cheaper institution, which I agree.

It's hard to give up Detroit since I lived here for the past 4 years.