For Those Accepted to UNC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flin5845

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question to those who got into UNC.

I was reviewing the finances and can not figure out the "miscellaneous" expense which is $10,645 per year. I know on the student information sheet provided in the acceptance packet, it notes this expense includes loan fees, dental school fees, materials and equipment. However, there is also fees built into the "tuition and fees" expense.

My question is can anyone elaborate on this "miscellaneous" expense? Does it get taken out with the tuition? or is it just an optional $10,645 to help with anything throughout the year?

I am trying to figure out the cost of school, and don't know if I should add this in or keep it as an optional loan...I know they touched on this expense in the finical aid presentation, but the presenter was to too specific if this was mandatory and would be deducted before you get a check for the remaining funds after the tuition is paid.

Members don't see this ad.

It describes your budget spent on off-campus activities such as going to a bar, strip club, or anything that relates to you cheating on your current boyfriend/girlfriend. It can get pretty costly which is why it's as high as $10,000 of your budget. Use your money wisely though. Don't be a fool.