For those ACCEPTED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZFlink

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am applying this upcoming cycle and would like to ask a couple of questions for those accepted.

1. When was the date of your DAT?

2. When did you start receiving interview dates?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely take your DAT in the summer and submit early.
My DAT was on 11/14/2010 and I received my first interview invite on 12/22/2010. I interviewed on 1/14/2011 and was accepted 1/31/2011.

FYI: This was my 3rd application cycle. I recently earned my Master's Degree and have many hours of both extra-curricular/volunteer activities and chair-side dental assisting. DAT 19/19/19.

Good Luck! :D

Hey Guys,

I am applying this upcoming cycle and would like to ask a couple of questions for those accepted.

1. When was the date of your DAT?

2. When did you start receiving interview dates?

1. I took my DAT a summer before apps (junior year summer). I recommend this because the next summer you want to turn in your AADSAS asap... aka june. Also, this gives you a chance to retake it if you want to.

2. I turned my apps in July and received interviews in Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its all a matter of comfort, but the earlier you feel comfortable the better and you should take the DAT. I took it on 3/16/10, so that it gave me enough time in case I needed to take it again before too much time went by when the cycle started (fortunately I didn't have to).

I submitted on July 1st, and I believe I heard back about interviews in August. But, don't read too much into "when people hear back about interviews", because different schools are on different timetables and I didn't hear back about one of my schools until November.

I took mine in October '09 (because we had some family business that was going to occupy me later), and then submitted my application June 3, 2010 (the first day it opened).

Take the DAT as early as possible when you are ready because then you will have it out of the way. I would highly suggest having a DAT score before June 1 (which is the day the application opens for the next cycle), because without a DAT score, you don't have a complete application, and admissions committees won't look at your incomplete application until it becomes complete.

So I submitted my application June 3 with my DAT scores and faxed transcript requests to schools that day. My application was actually mailed July 9 (because a transcript got held up, and it takes AADSAS a little time to process everything). I received my first interview on July 19, and then they started rolling in from there.

I submitted the application on 6/10/2010 and took my DAT on 6/30/2010

AADSAS received the scores on 7/19/2010

Received my first interview invites in August for September interviews

I took my DAT the first week in June, I think the 7th actually. This is a good time to take it because it gives you about a month to study after final exams. You are able to apply without your DAT, but I waited and sent my application in the beginning of July, but could have done that earlier. I spent a couple of weeks celebrating my DAT score instead of working on the application.

I started receiving interviews the first week in August and I received three or four, and the rest followed the next month or so. My interviews were scheduled different times, two in september, three in october, one in november, and one in december. I withdrew one of my apps for an October interview, and was accepted to three schools december first so I withdrew my app for the decmeber interview.

Hope this helps.

But, don't read too much into "when people hear back about interviews", because different schools are on different timetables and I didn't hear back about one of my schools until November.

:thumbup:

I took my DAT in mid-July. Submitted my app in late July (complete in mid-Aug). Received my first interview invite in early Sept.