For thosE Applying to LLU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samer saab

samer saab
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it mandatory to have a letter from a religious person ? thx

Members don't see this ad.

I think the wording they use may have been "spiritual" .... and other than a possible sense of your spirituality with nature or something like that, yes, they're really looking for a religious letter. The drop down box for selecting your variety of spirituality on the secondary application site actually had a ton of different selections with much more variety than I had expected.

I think the wording they use may have been "spiritual" .... and other than a possible sense of your spirituality with nature or something like that, yes, they're really looking for a religious letter. The drop down box for selecting your variety of spirituality on the secondary application site actually had a ton of different selections with much more variety than I had expected.

No you are not required to have a LOR from a spiritual leader. Though it is preferred, they have given interviews to people who don't have LOR's from a spiritual leader. If you don't have an LOR from a spiritual leader i'm pretty sure there's an option to somewhere on the app to mark that you don't have an LOR from a spiritual leader... If you do decide to do that make sure you have a reason for not having one and such... i think my cousin applied last cycle and he wrote a letter to LLU telling them why he didn't have a letter. He still got an interview from them. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
No you are not required to have a LOR from a spiritual leader. Though it is preferred, they have given interviews to people who don't have LOR's from a spiritual leader. If you don't have an LOR from a spiritual leader i'm pretty sure there's an option to somewhere on the app to mark that you don't have an LOR from a spiritual leader... If you do decide to do that make sure you have a reason for not having one and such... i think my cousin applied last cycle and he wrote a letter to LLU telling them why he didn't have a letter. He still got an interview from them. :)

Well that's interesting, I had heard otherwise, but I guess there's always exceptions? I'm hoping that LLUProf can give us a solid answer on the question if a Religious Letter is usually required or not.

Thanks guys i will call today and ask them. i will let you know what they say

Ok, I have someone that is willing to write a letter for me. Does anyone know if they send out a form that asks them questions or do they just write a letter on their own?

u will get a secondary from LLU asking online with essays and more info. Part of that secondary (which you have about a month to complete) is a recommendation page. All the info is there.

You can choose to: give them your recommender's info and they will email the spiritual leader to upload the file.

or

they list an address on where to send your recommender's letter.

there's no format for the LOR but it should attest somewhat for your spirituality, community service, church involvement, and whatever else your recommender would like to say / impressions.

Some church leaders / pastors like interviewing you to find more info on stuff to write about you as well / all depends on the person. That's what a buddy of mine did.

If i had already had my pastor give a LOR in my AADSAS evaluation sections. is it necessary to do another one in my secondary to LLU?

No, they say in the secondary that you only need to send it through their site if it's not already in AADSAS, so you don't need to have him send it in twice. Alteast that's what it was last year.

Well that's interesting, I had heard otherwise, but I guess there's always exceptions? I'm hoping that LLUProf can give us a solid answer on the question if a Religious Letter is usually required or not.

Directly from admissions today, due to the large amount applications, without a letter from a spiritual leader, it is unlikely that your application will be considered.