For those applying to NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvilNewbie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to call them today (10/22) on confirmation about my interview that I scheduled a week ago. Well, it seems that they have SUSPENDED ALL interviews as the program director is looking over a second time at the applications. This is what the secretary told me and then she basically said there was nothing left to tell me. I asked if my interview was suspended as well and she said ALL interviews were suspended. You guys can give her a call. I didn't ask about when the suspensions would end, so if someone asks please post on this message thread. And those of you interviewing over there soon, you might be thinking of making other plans.

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh same here... They e-mailed me about a week ago and I've been playing phone (leaving messages that don't get returned) / e-mail tag (the second e-mail account doesn't even work) with them the past few days. I had the impression that they suspended all interviews that hadn't been scheduled yet. But I geuss they suspended all of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know, as tough as it sounds to kind of blow off a program because of this, you might want to consider it. It depends on how much you want to go there, if you have certain specific reasons, etc. If they are revamping the interview process at this late date, it probably stands to reason that they will be revamping the program curriculum for awhile as well, so there may be a bit of chaos. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but changes always take time for the kinks to be worked out. Now, there are certain types of people who wouldn't be bothered by this at all, and if you are one, then certainly interview there. I mean, work is still going to get done there.

It is also possible that the changes are being made for good reasons, and it will be an improvement. However, like I said, change can take time to have a good effect.

Whatever the reason was for the suspension, it must have been major.

Who knows, maybe they will review the files belonging to applicants who have already been granted interviews, first.

deschutes said:
Whatever the reason was for the suspension, it must have been major.

I wonder if their interviews were in any way resembling the U of Colorado football recruiting program... :laugh: