For those going to SGU for the Jan 2003 class....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnydp

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats :clap: Where are you all from?

Members don't see this ad.

i am from atlanta and will be attending sgu in jan 03. how about you sunnydp??

I posted this on another thread, but do you guys have any idea if there are working telephones in the dorms at St. George's?? How do you guys intend to communicate with people back home??

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah there is phones but expensive as i was told by students.

Hey SoccerFever... I am from Chicago! I'm glad to know a fellow classmate :cool: When are you leaving?

Walrus, if you go to the SGU forum... you'll get a lot of info about phones and the internet. In fact, I was just there this afternoon and someone mentioned that you can talk for FREE long distance if you get a headset and use MSN instant messenger. So I don't think it will be a problem... I'm with you, I don't think I could go very long without talking to my family!

See you all there!

hey guys...

congrats on SGU as well....i'll be joining you guys in the trenches of Grenada come this Jan as well...i look forward to meeting you guys then....

i am in southern calif by the way.....

and as to the phone question....haha....yeah i am sure that AT&T or some other major telecommunication conglomerate realized some time ago, that an island with ~1000 homesick med students has a solid potential for some major $$$$$....so yeah there are easy access to phones there for students in the dorms......

i on the otherhand, actually intend to communicate with my family by writing a letter, putting it in a bottle and throwing it into the ocean.....hopefully with the right winds and weather patterns, it will reach the coast of California....hahaha

Hello all,

I've been accepted for Jan. 2003...and I'm from L.A., CA.

Anyone else from LA?

Hey Steven 1174:

How's it going? I remeber you from another post...which undergrad. university/college did you attend?

Hey guys....
I am finishing my second year at SGU and thought I might be able to answer some of your questions. I am from Athens, Ga and started in January '01.
I noticed someone was asking about phones. You have a jack in all the rooms, but it is up to you to set up the service with the phone company. They are usually on campus a couple of days at the beginning of campus so you can set it up there rather than going to town. If I remember correctly, it costs about 3EC a minute to call home which a little over $1.10. It is much better to buy phone cards and let your family and friends call you. The phone cards do not work from Grenada, so they will need to call you.
Anyway..if you guys have any specific questions, I will try to check this forum as much as I can.

Congrats!
DawgDoc

It's great to hear that you are also from LA...which part of LA are you from and what undergraduate university/college did you attend?

THANKS.

Pursuing MD,
Im from the San Fernando Valley and am currently at CSUN. How about yourself?
-David

Members don't see this ad :)
hey you all,
congrats for your acceptances.....I interviewed Sept. 30th......any idea how long it might take for me to hear from the admiss. committee?
thanks......any input is appreciated
Patty

Hey JohnnieWalkerMD,

I'm from west LA...I graduated from USC.

==============================================

Hello Rockaway,

You should hear about 1 month after your interview. It depends on when your interviewer mails in your responses and when the admissions committee meets. GOOD LUCK!

ANYONE ELSE FROM CA?

thanks Pursuing.....I'm hoping to hear within the next two weeks...goods luck to all

got the good news today!!!
thanks for the encouragement..
I'll be joining you all in January!!!

I received an e-mail saying that you send me a private message. However, when I went to check it, there was nothing new there. :(

Did you send me a message? If yes, you might want to re-send it! :)

hi Pursuing...I did send you a PM.....maybe they're not getting through
when are most people heading down there for Jan.?
I'll be leaving from Bradley Airport in Hartford, CT or from Logan Airport/Boston
I live in western Massachusetts (in Northampton)
Patty Shea
(413) 587-9373

The True Blue dorms, where most incoming freshman stay, will be open on January 15, 2003 (classes begin Jan. 20).

I hope to be leaving LA, CA on the 15th of Jan., give or take a day.
If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a private message or e-mail me.

thanks Pursuing, I'll be in touch........I have to figure out when I'll be leaving... hopefully it won't be too hard leaving freezing New England in January for the carribean!!
take care
Patty

Hello all, to those who have been accepted, and to those awaiting acceptance.

Pursuing MD, congrats on your acceptance. I've been following yours threads on this site and sgu unofficial site for a while. I was rooting for you, you seem pretty determined.

I went to school in Eugene, OR (I'm a Duck!), but now I live in San Antonio, TX. I'll be flying out to SGU on the 15th.

It's a pretty exciting time in my life, and I'm sure in all of yours.

Glad we can communicate via this site.

Take care and I'll see you in class :clap:

Me!

MD Dreams, thank you for your kind words. I'll see you @ SGU. Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted for the Jan. 2003 class...can't wait to meet you all!