For those who got TUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..
for those of you who got TUCOMs 2ndary... when were you processed with AACOMAS.. I'm biting my fingernails off here!!!

AACOMAS mailed everything out on July 28 (awesome since I submitted June 9th.. *******es!! :thumbdown: )

Anyway..... please let me know

Members don't see this ad.

PreMedAdAG said:
Hi guys..
for those of you who got TUCOMs 2ndary... when were you processed with AACOMAS.. I'm biting my fingernails off here!!!

AACOMAS mailed everything out on July 28 (awesome since I submitted June 9th.. *******es!! :thumbdown: )

Anyway..... please let me know

i am in the same boat you are. my app was mailed out on 7/21 and i have received all my secondaries except for TUCOM. so you aren't the only one out there, except i still have my fingernails intact.

wow you all are so good. i have not sent any DO secondaries out yet. still working on MD ones. i havent gotten TUCOM's as well....hopefully im not screened out!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have already returned my TUCOM-CA secondary (I got it in late July). But if you have not gotten one yet don't fret. Their screening standards are quite low and it is unlikely that you have been screened out. They are just slow because they have to deal with getting this year's class started. In the next couple of weeks they will pick up the pace. Good luck!

newyorkcougar said:
I have already returned my TUCOM-CA secondary (I got it in late July). But if you have not gotten one yet don't fret. Their screening standards are quite low and it is unlikely that you have been screened out. They are just slow because they have to deal with getting this year's class started. In the next couple of weeks they will pick up the pace. Good luck!

TUCOM is touro right? I got mine I think midjuly and had my AACOMAS processed a while ago maybe end of June. They mailed me so don't fret it's probably just getting there.

im not sure if im going to apply tho cuz im a little turned off by the grading system.

did you get the one for both on mare island and las vegas? are they doing it at the same time....thanks!

I called both Las Vegas and Mare Island to substantiate the following: last year (because it was their first year) Mare Island (i.e. Valejo) did all of the application processing for both Las Vegas and Mare Island. This year (for the first time) Las Vegas is doing everything totally separately. You will get separate secondaries from the schools. California has already begun sending them but the director of admissions in Las Vegas said that they would not start sending secondaries until this week. Las Vegas said they wanted to see a 17 MCAT and a 2.5 GPA to get a secondary. Good luck.

Got TUCOM- MI yesterday in the mail.. yippee

uclabruin2003 said:
did you get the one for both on mare island and las vegas? are they doing it at the same time....thanks!
i got mare island but that's only cuz I applied to that one only.

good luck!

just got TUCOM - MI today.

just got tucom - MI in the mail today. no word about the las vegas one....yikes

Just an FYI. At first it was slow, then all my secondaries poured in around 8/12. At the rate I'm going, I'll be happy to be done with secondaries by the end of Sept.

Good-luck all!

Just got TUCOM/Vegas. I wish my COMP interview was earlier. It would suck to waste $200 on TUCOM if I get into COMP. Oh well.......

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys...

i haven't received secondaries from TUCOM or western. can anyone tell me if there are any essays to write for their secondaries? if so...about what? thanks

taylor92107 said:
Just got TUCOM/Vegas. I wish my COMP interview was earlier. It would suck to waste $200 on TUCOM if I get into COMP. Oh well.......

You aren't dogging my school are you?! I guess I would too if I were in your position... the TUCOM secondary fee is $200??

Brian Eniquez
[email protected]

ez073323 said:
You aren't dogging my school are you?! I guess I would too if I were in your position... the TUCOM secondary fee is $200??

Brian Eniquez
[email protected]
Not doggin your school.....but we all have our #1 choices right? :D $100 for TUCOM and $100 for Nevada? I believe most secondaries are ~$60

ez073323 said:

Brian Eniquez
[email protected]

Brian... maybe I am misreading you, but doesn't avoiding a school, even if it is a "backup" for someone, because it has a $200 secondary fee seem a little irrational. I'm not made of money either, but come on now where is the school spirit! :rolleyes: :cool:

cardiotonic
TUCOM-NV 2009!!!

cardiotonic said:
Brian... maybe I am misreading you, but doesn't avoiding a school, even if it is a "backup" for someone, because it has a $200 secondary fee seem a little irrational. I'm not made of money either, but come on now where is the school spirit! :rolleyes: :cool:

cardiotonic
TUCOM-NV 2009!!!

yo cardio...

Welcome to TUCOM-NV... hit me up sometime at [email protected] so i can find out more about the next class...

Has anyone who has submitted already to TUCOM-MI gotten a decision/interview yet?

cardiotonic said:

cardiotonic
TUCOM-NV 2009!!!
Jeez....relax. I'm sure you had a number 1 choice when you were applying. Thats all I'm saying, how is that being irrational?

everyone has a priority of choices....i wouldnt consider Tucom-LV my first choice, COMP is probably my first choice followed by Tucom-LV (and only bc its LV and its a new school (which is good and bad....))

taylor92107 said:
Jeez....relax. I'm sure you had a number 1 choice when you were applying. Thats all I'm saying, how is that being irrational?

All I'm saying is that it is worth paying $200 to have a backup. Good Luck.

uclabruin2003 said:
(and only bc its LV and its a new school (which is good and bad....))

Good because you'll graduate as a professional poker player and we'll see you on Poker tournaments on ESPN. Bad because you'll come back as an alcoholic.

This is a disclaimer that this message is a joke since people are a little sensitive these days on the messages ;)