For those who interviewed at Creighton...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rippey

Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much weight do you think the student interviews are given?

I can't imagine it'd be much since they were all MS1s&2s. Plus, they were done in the cafeteria, which I must say, was a tad unusual.

hmmm.... i wonder :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that it is actually weighed equally with the adcom interview. Students have a pretty big input. BTW I am interviewing in three wks at CU could you tell me abiut your experience. :)

I haven't even received an interview or rejection...does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites or is the class full already? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a good interview experience. It is closed so they know nothing about you going in. The woman who interviewed me was very strange, maybe cultural differences. She was philipino, i think, and she spoke really fast and changed topics quickly that it was difficult to have a conversation. At one point I was talking about my volunteer experience and before I knew it she was telling me about these monks who were going to take her weiner dog into the mountains for training. Anyhow, I used to have a weiner dog so it was ok.

I really liked the school and I am pretty sure I will be going there.

Originally posted by subscapularis
I've heard that it is actually weighed equally with the adcom interview. Students have a pretty big input. BTW I am interviewing in three wks at CU could you tell me abiut your experience. :)

Hey subscap... I PM'd you.

Overall, I think the faculty interview is worth more. Just a hunch though, but I do know that there is some type of point system so maybe the student interview counts for points...........I dont think the M2 's sit in on the adcom committee though which makes me think that the faculty interviews are worth more. I have heard that M3's and M4's are on the adcom though. dsblaha, good to see another potential san diegan coming to Omaha. Our class has 3 peeps from SD. You interviewer must have been Dr. Aguila, she's a really sweet lady.

Jetson

Originally posted by Jet915
Overall, I think the faculty interview is worth more. Just a hunch though, but I do know that there is some type of point system so maybe the student interview counts for points...........I dont think the M2 's sit in on the adcom committee though which makes me think that the faculty interviews are worth more. I have heard that M3's and M4's are on the adcom though. dsblaha, good to see another potential san diegan coming to Omaha. Our class has 3 peeps from SD. You interviewer must have been Dr. Aguila, she's a really sweet lady.

Jetson

Excellent, I'm glad to know I won't be alone in missing the beach. It was Dr. Aguila and she was very nice we hit it off quite well. I have some friends in their second year at Creighton and they love it.

When I spoke with Dr. Nipper at CU after my interview, he told me that the M3 and M4 student interviews play a slightly smaller role in the decision to accept you. The students say either "yes, we think he/she would be a good fit here" or "no..blah blah." They do not sit in on the committee meetings, so they cannot vouch for you like your other interviewer can.

Hope this helps,
Chad Thorson
FSU Alumnus

Actually, I think most of the interviewers are M2's. I think this is true cause I made the host committee for next year and will be interviewing students next year. Dr. Nipper didn't say how much of a role the student interview was other than that it's "important." So I'd say the faculty interview is probably still more important but he pointed out that you should in no way blow off the student interview. As far as grading the interview it's something like "yes a really good fit," or "yes a good fit" or "an ok fit" etc.............

Jetson