for those who took DAT already..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rusky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious what kind of question are on it. I am a noob by all means and haven't had science in 7 years. I am thinking of retaking cores but if questions are pretty general I might just read up on the study material instead of retaking classes.

Members don't see this ad.

just curious what kind of question are on it. I am a noob by all means and haven't had science in 7 years. I am thinking of retaking cores but if questions are pretty general I might just read up on the study material instead of retaking classes.

depends on the section, really. ochem and gchem you can get by with review books as long as you're somewhat familiar with the material or have atleast seen it before, but bio is WAYYYYY too broad to study purely out of review books...some of the questions come out of nowhere.

if you're going to take any classes, some cell bio and physio classes would definitely help on the exam.

reading, PAT...no classes are really going to help you here. math on the other hand...if you haven't taken it in a while you're going to need to review, but again, review books and some practice can help you here.

best of luck :thumbup:

FYI - some schools require science pre-requisites to have been done within the last 5 years.

I don't know if the "within 5 years" is standard for most schools or just some. There was a thread on this awhile back, do a search and see what other posters said about it.