for those with NYU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pandawanda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok.. HOW long does it take to get an invite?!

i got an e-mail 3-4th week of sept saying my application was complete (i iknow i know, be patient - but i can't!) ..how long til u got ur invite?? i feel that i'm a compettiive applicant 20/22/20 (also a reapplicant with more dental experience and volunteering etc)

wat's taking them SO LONG?!

Members don't see this ad.

they said my application was complete on 9/4 and I received an invitation for an interview on 9/24 so approx. 3 weeks?

I finish my AADSAS application in the end of July, and I receive NYU's e-mail at beginning of sept for interview on sept...hope this helps, and good luck on everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat. I can't wait any longer! :(

i think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment when you're WAITING for an interview invite... should HOPE for one instead :]

but i am too guilty of the same thing

They told me I was missing the supplemental fee, which I had sent months before. I sent them another check, and got an interview soon after (in mid-september). So maybe 2 checks is the formula for success? :laugh:

i think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment when you're WAITING for an interview invite... should HOPE for one instead :]

but i am too guilty of the same thing

lol, well..then i change my first post..i am HOPING for an interview invite.. lol.

but i'm glad that u admitted ur waitingness too.

They told me I was missing the supplemental fee, which I had sent months before. I sent them another check, and got an interview soon after (in mid-september). So maybe 2 checks is the formula for success? :laugh:

hey, yeah i sent my check in late Aug and they FINALLY cashed it (i checked my bank statement) on Oct 6..

so my revised question is: how long did it take for u to get ur interview invite AFTER they had cashed ur check? (lol- this is where u go to ur bank statement online or paper and see for me..thanks guys!!)

good luck and congrats on ur guy's invites!

so my revised question is: how long did it take for u to get ur interview invite AFTER they had cashed ur check? (lol- this is where u go to ur bank statement online or paper and see for me..thanks guys!!)

a couple weeks i think..

but i got my interview invite in the first round of invites. i assume that there are a lot of invites in the first round, and then they send random invites here and there (though they might do them in waves).

Last edited:
My Application should be complete for every school, as of Sept 29th. I sent my check 9/22 cause I hadn't heard anything and I wanted to help the process go faster. I still haven't heard anything. They never sent me anything saying they recieved my application, there's no status on AADSAS, and they haven't cashed the check. I'm freaking out! How did NYU approach everyone? Did you get emails saying app was recieved?:eek:

i still haven't gotten an interview invite yet, they emailed me about a week ago saying that the application is now complete and will now be reviewed (haven't cashed the check) , this is after every other school has had the application since the end of august, i have 5 interviews already.

They seem to take a long time

i got my invite surprisingly fast considering my app there was completed 10/7. interview invite 10/14.

ok.. HOW long does it take to get an invite?!

It took couple of weeks for me to receive an interview after they cashed my check...I am sure they send out many interviews because they know NYU is kind of back-up for many applicants. More space is going to be available once applicants who got multiple admissions decline their offer for NYU.

yeah what is taking them so long..

and ASLAM..good point.