For USAT Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monserratdr

Reaction score
If you are a USAT student like me, concerned about the current ECFMG / USAT fiasco, and feel you are alone, please feel free to send me an email. Other USAT students have expressed a desire to communicate as a group and I am willing to generate an email list to get the conversation going apart from USAT being involved since they have not provided us a directory.

Topics to discuss may include our Legal options, sharing of USAT administration stories, and generally a way to possibly come together to feel like we have strength in numbers as a class, i,e, class action lawsuit. The latter was discussed vocally by some angry students during one of the USAT telephone conferences that was recorded.

my email address is

jzebedeusat gmail com

For USAT students only please. No need to reply to this post here. Just send an email to the above address

Be well

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
USAT students are encouraged to cooperate and comply with everything ECFMG is requesting from us USAT students in the hopes of being granted a USMLE Step 1 Permit and not be labeled an “irregular” for irregular activity. I have sent my multiple documemts to ECFMG thus far and I am very pleased with their efforts on our behalf.

Look out for yourself and your future as an aspiring physician, not USAT.

Latest update from ECFMG to USAT students follows....

###

On Nov 5, 2018, at 4:52 PM, Listowners wrote:

Dear Doctor:

We are writing to follow up on our past correspondence which advised you that students and graduates of University of Science, Art & Technology (USAT) are required to submit affidavits attesting to their attendance at USAT. Our investigation is ongoing and is taking longer than anticipated as a result of some issues that have been brought to our attention.

ECFMG was founded to ensure that international medical graduates seeking to participate in graduate medical education in their pursuit of practicing medicine in the United States meet minimum qualifications and standards. ECFMG takes its mission to protect the American public seriously. ECFMG is surprised by some of the information that has been provided to ECFMG by both USAT and some of its students and graduates. Therefore, as stated above, ECFMG's investigation into this matter is ongoing. If you have not submitted your affidavit, please reach out to your case manager to do so as soon as possible.

Please note that your case manager will not be able to provide you with a date when ECFMG's investigation will be completed. Nor will your case manager speculate on the possible outcomes of ECFMG's investigation.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation in this matter.

ECFMG