Forbes article about DMV eye exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Miriam Marcus is a money saving genius! 🙄

I should just start working at the DMV it will be everything I've ever dreamed!
 


Just wait til you have patients and parents fill out your history form. Date of last exam ...yada yada....place of last exam? DMV, child's school, nurse at PCP office.

This is another possible patient that could have been in your chair, but received false information. I still believe they all should be illegal. You could argue for the PCP since they are actual doctors, but they have little eye training for retinal findings.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"The Department of Motor Vehicles doesn't charge for eye exams. If you have the time (and patience), bring a good book and gut it out."

What?!? I've never heard of this. Even if this were true, my time is worth way more than the cost of an eye exam.