Forecasting Help

nothunner

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many random dual credit classes are offered at my school which I plan on taking, and forecasting sheets for next year are due in a week. The dual credit classes are biology (no specified credits), precalc (math 112), calculus (251 and 252), and US history (no specified credits, but I'm thinking 200 level, since APHG is a prereq).

I've been given a great opportunity to take trigonometry in the summer before my junior year, which would let me skip precalc and go straight into calculus. If I were to do this, I'd miss out on the possible dual credit of precalc, which would raise my college GPA, assuming I do well. If I were to skip precalc, I'd be taking calculus, AP physics B (no physics before), college US history, advanced chemistry, and an array of advanced and AP classes for graduation. I also have the opportunity to take dual credit biology - which is supposedly hell at my school - either next year or my senior year, but I just took advanced biology this year (my sophomore year). I plan on majoring in biology, since it's the first course that I've enjoyed.

So, the questions:

1. Should I skip precalculus and lose the dual credit?
2. Should I take dual credit biology now or my senior year?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

At my school, dual credit Bio gets you Bio 101 or 100 credit (forgot which one). But I know that for my major at the university i am going to, the first required biology class is Biology 181/182. So I didn't take dual credit for that, same with calculus, the first calc course for my major is Calc 270.

But I guess you can use the credits depending on your major and maybe as elective credits. Try to stick to AP, just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't skip to calculus because I am taking AP Calc right now and we definitely use a lot of pre-calc in there lol.