Foreign Degree Evaluation and Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beenel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a foreign bachelors degree in microbiology and chemistry. I am planning to apply to Pharm D program for next fall. I have already scheduled PCAT test for September. I hope I will get a descent score. I also evaluated my foreign transcript from WES which shows that my undergrad US equivalent GPA is 3.3. However, I may have to take certain humanities and social science classes to be able to get into Pharmacy program because my undergradute degree mostly includes science courses.

My evaluated transcripts shows a lot of "F" grades for those classes which I completed in multiple attempts. Actually I had skilled my exams and I completed certain courses in multiple attempts. However, I do not understand how can a transcript shows multiple grades for the same course? For e.g. I completed Chemistry I in two attempts, so the transcript is suppose to provide only the final grade right? My original transcript provides final grades with pound sign which indicates multiple attempts. However, WES evaluated copy did nt do that and "F" grades for multiple attempts with the final grade. This made my transcript look real bad.

There is another problem, though I am a resident of USA, I learned that many school do not accept foreign trasncripts or credits. In such cases, I already lost almost 50% of the potential schools to apply. Even though I will not apply to 100% of the schools, it helps a lot if they would accept foreign degree as well.

So, my question to you all is, are there any schools which are more welcoming or accepts foreign degree or courses completed in other countries? I am more interested in schools in east. I really appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.