Foreign dentist chance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALISAADOUN

Reaction score
Hi,I am foreign dentist,
-age 42y,
-Nbde part 1 88,
-Nbde part 2 77,
-GPA 3.09,
-5y fellowship in OMFS in egypt،
-Saudi Licence OMFS surgery,
Question :
1- what is my chance to be admitted in residency program(GPA/aegd/omf pathology?
2- how can I improve CV?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,I am foreign dentist,
-age 42y,
-Nbde part 1 88,
-Nbde part 2 77,
-GPA 3.09,
Question :
1- what is my chance to be admitted in residency program(GPA/aegd/omf pathology?
2- how can I improve CV?
Hi, you should take the toefl exam (95+), and to be legal in USA.....after that you have good possibilities to be accepted in some schools

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Hi,I am foreign dentist,
-age 42y,
-Nbde part 1 88,
-Nbde part 2 77,
-GPA 3.09,
Question :
2- how can I improve CV?

OMFS without doing DDS in the US will not be possible. You can definitely be considered for GPR/AEGD as long as you do well on your TOEFL and preferably gain a bit of US shadowing/assisting experience. Research may also be something you want to look into.
Generally it is easier to get into AEGD than IDP pathway BUT remember this limits the states you can practice in if you go to AEGD. There are only a handful of states that allow you to practice without doing IDP.
If your ultimate goal is to be an oral surgeon you will have to do 2 years of IDP then do an OMFS residency

Also how old are your NBDE scores? since they're not pass/fail im assuming they are older. Make sure the programs you're interested allow that, some programs require that the NBDE scores be more recent.