Foreign Language Pay at USUHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rlarudtjs332

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do USUHS students get foreign language bonus pay? I read somewhere online that if you are in the medical field, you don't get foreign language pay or something.

Are foreign language proficiency tests hard?
I personally speak Korean fluently. How much do you think I will get paid for this?

Members don't see this ad.

Do USUHS students get foreign language bonus pay? I read somewhere online that if you are in the medical field, you don't get foreign language pay or something.

Are foreign language proficiency tests hard?
I personally speak Korean fluently. How much do you think I will get paid for this?

If you are able to pass the proficiency test in certain designated languages then you are entitled to pay. From my recollection it's $200 something a month. I have heard that it's pretty hard.

Some languages receive pay no matter job or position. Korean is not one of those so you wont receive pay for being fluent.

really? cuz i recently met this navy guy whos been serving for 8 years and he said he has a buddy getting like 300 a month for korean. and of course his job doesn't require korean whatsoever

really? cuz i recently met this navy guy whos been serving for 8 years and he said he has a buddy getting like 300 a month for korean. and of course his job doesn't require korean whatsoever

The A and B language list changes on an annual basis.