SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Foreign Optometrist dilemma

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by ask1288, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. ask1288

    ask1288 10+ Year Member

    Jun 27, 2005
    Gainesville, FL
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. EyeBaller

    EyeBaller SUNY-O Class of 2008 2+ Year Member

    Jul 25, 2006
  4. POJO

    POJO New Member 5+ Year Member

    Mar 7, 2006
    IN summary, your friend cannot practice with just her UK credentials in any state in the US. IN order to practice, she will need additional training at any of the American optometry schools from 2-3 years additionally. During my own training, I met a few UK trained optometrists. They all had to attend 2-3 years additionally.

    Let's suppose that you wanted to practice like an ophthalmic technician for an ophthalmologist. This is possible. There would be no need for additional training or even a license,.

Share This Page