Foreign Optometry graduates in California

Started by kelee O
Tags Tags
linguistics
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kelee O

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have done the first application and have written and passed CA Optometry law exam 3months ago.
 
Last edited:
I am am Optometry graduate from Nigeria. I want to practice Optometry in California. I have done the first application and have written and passed CA Optometry law exam 3months ago. Still waiting to hear from.the board. I am just confused as I am waiting to hear from the board. I don't know the next step to take. Any help please...because I am hearing about getting the board to sponsor you to take the Nbeo exams.

I do not know of any foreign optometrists able to practice in the United States without an OD degree from an OD school in the United States/Canada/Puerto Rico. In order to get licensed in any state, you need to take the national board examination (NBEO) and you can only take the NBEO if you graduated from an accredited school of optometry. I am not sure why California Board of Optometry took your money and let you take their law exam. I advise you to discuss this further with the board in California.
 
I do not know of any foreign optometrists able to practice in the United States without an OD degree from an OD school in the United States/Canada/Puerto Rico. In order to get licensed in any state, you need to take the national board examination (NBEO) and you can only take the NBEO if you graduated from an accredited school of optometry. I am not sure why California Board of Optometry took your money and let you take their law exam. I advise you to discuss this further with the board in California.
I would like to ask that have u taken NBEo after getting sponsorship letter from boards?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Foreign trained physicians and pharmacists are allowed to take US board exams and practice here too.