SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

foreign pharmacy

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by pharm, Apr 16, 2007.

  1. pharm


    Apr 15, 2007
    hi! i'm a foreign pharmacy graduate from the philippines. unfortunately i graduated march 2003, 3 months later the jan.2003 law. i just migrated here in the states and i'd like to continue my career here...i just want to know if anybody knows how i can go on with it? thank you
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. letjin

    letjin 10+ Year Member

    Oct 30, 2004
    East Coast
    Is Philippines pharmacy school a 4 or 5 year program?

    I'd e-mail all the U.S. pharmacy schools and find out if they are willing to take your foreign education as a prerequisite and if they can put you in advanced standing.
    If you don't have any luck there, go to CC, take your prereqs, +/- take PCAT, apply to pharm schools...
  4. SpenceRx

    SpenceRx Junior Member 5+ Year Member

    May 4, 2006
    Do some schools actually admit foreign trained pharmacists into advanced standing?
  5. KellyBean

    KellyBean 2+ Year Member

    Jan 14, 2007
    In the middle of nowhere
    I believe they do. I think NOVA is one of them. I heard someone mentioned that it's 2 years 4 months program??
  6. pharm


    Apr 15, 2007
    hello! i'm new here in LA, may i ask wat CC mean? btw, i'm a 4 year pharmacy graduate, i had my masterals in the philippines unfortunately i wasn't able to finish it cos i have to move long is the process incase i take some schooling here in LA? can i waiver my standing/situation to the board, i mean challenge them to let me take the FP despite of the law?
  7. Ray1234

    Ray1234 2+ Year Member

    Dec 14, 2006
    CC = Community College
  8. adams08


    Mar 17, 2007
    University of Florida has a distance learning (online) program for pharmacists with a foreign degree. Here is the link:

    I think there are a few other programs like this in the US, but I don't know the schools off-hand.
  9. Armini91


    Nov 3, 2014
    OK! I have been through all the threads about foreign Pharmacy graduates and here are my questions-
    1) I am a US Citizen and I did my Bachelors in Pharmacy(4 year degree) in India and Graduated in 2013. I enrolled in a 2 year Masters in Pharmacy degree( specialised in Pharmacology) in India, which i will be graduating from in 2015. I want to give my FPGEE but i am alittle worried since every thread i have read said that a foreign pharmacy graduate needed a 5 year bachelors course to give the FPGEE. Does it help that i have a masters degree? Do the 2 years add onto the 4 year course and make me eligible to give the FPGEE?

    2)If not, what are my options?? (I do not want my 6 years of hard work to go to waste. It definitely was not easy getting these two degrees)

    3) I am a registered Pharmacist in India. Can i use my Registered Pharmacist certificate to validate my education and obtain a license in the US?
  10. BidingMyTime

    BidingMyTime Lost Shaker Of Salt 10+ Year Member

    Oct 2, 2006
    No. Unfortunately for you, your RPH in India will have no bearing on you becoming an RPH in the uS>

Share This Page