dwanjiru99

15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2002
Baltimore, Maryland
Visit site
Status
I am a foreign trained Dentist and would like to practice in the USA. I am told that I can practice in Minessota after passing the Boards. Can anyone give me more info on how to acquire a practising license in the USA?. I am also interested in General Residency programs which accept foreign trained dentists. Any ideas??

Thank you
:D

Stephen Ewen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2000
Somewhere in Micronesia
Status
This is very interesting, since it would be new info to me if non-US trained dentists could practice in MN by simply writing the boards, and w/o first undergoing a US program designed just for foreign trained dentists. Please post more info here as it becomes available to you.

About the Ads

merl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2001
NJ
Visit site
Status
Hi,

As this is newly introduced by minnesota boards no one knows clearly what reqiurements are to be met. U have to call the boards to know more info regarding this.

pkm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2002
va
Visit site
Status
hi
is it true that a foriegn dentist should have a five yrs of clinical exp/.. to be considered by MN state dental board?
and guru where did u get in?

indiandentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
pkm said:
hi
is it true that a foriegn dentist should have a five yrs of clinical exp/.. to be considered by MN state dental board?

Hi,
i think u can find about minnesota licensure from the old threads.
Have a nice day

Indiandentist

starwars

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
pkm said:
hi
hi, u need to take part-1,2,toefl and a work exp of atleast 18 months within the last 3 years.....also u have to submit the proof of that exp ...like pay stubs,reco letters,etc check it out in detail on their website.

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
starwars said:
hi, u need to take part-1,2,toefl and a work exp of atleast 18 months within the last 3 years.....also u have to submit the proof of that exp ...like pay stubs,reco letters,etc check it out in detail on their website.

18months of work experience in their native country?

This seems to be a pretty good deal for a foreigh trained dentist :D
actually easier than going through California bench exams :smuggrin:

drchirags

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi I am a forigen trained Dentist. Looking forward to give my Eligibility Exam conducted by the Asscociation of Canadian Faculty of Dentistry. ACFD.

If there is any one who has given this exam please guide me.

If any one has to sell reading matirial then do contact me at [email protected]

I am willing to buy the model question papres also.

thanking you.

Dr. Chirag.

About the Ads

bob vallecilla

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Do any of you know of a Bench Test Prep Course to help us better prepare for the Bench Tests required by most schools. Also, what procedures do they want us to perform? Thanks.

IndianGraduate

10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status
Dental Student
bob vallecilla...there is the duggans institute in LA..and also a course given by a ucla professor...not sure what its called..but they both cost around $3000. they teach u everything they as on the bench. hope i helped

bob vallecilla

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Do any of you know of a Bench Test Prep Course to help us better prepare for the Bench Tests required by most schools. Also, what procedures do they want us to perform? Thanks.

bob vallecilla

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank you for your response....UMDNJ-NJDS may have this unique type of Bench Test Prep Course offered at their school at the end of July, 2008. Would like to hear what all of you think if this course would be worth the time, effort, and $$$. Thanks

bob vallecilla...there is the duggans institute in LA..and also a course given by a ucla professor...not sure what its called..but they both cost around $3000. they teach u everything they as on the bench. hope i helped

BlueToothHunter

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
Dr. aaron
this program is valid only in california according to there website. do you know anybody applying for this program and it's authenticity.
I actually met a few dental students from the Universad De La Salle, Mexico, when I was in California taking the Law & Ethics Exams. They told me that they were already dentists from Colombia and Guatemala. The program at De La Salle definitely gave them the eligibility to take the clinical exam in California.

The program is taught in English but all of the patient care is in Spanish. So you will have to learn or have a good command of Spanish language.

It sounds like a well-run program... probably better for those Spanish speakers. Just to let you know: California is now saturated with dentists!:sleep:

kma25

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2008
Status
Dentist
I am a foreign trained Dentist but i am a us citizen and want to apply for prosthodontic program in university of Minessota and to practice in the USA. What i understood from the site of minessota board is that i can apply for the license form Minessota after passing the Boards. Can anyone give me more info about this and if i am right or wrong??

Thank you

unare

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2008
Status
Dentist
foreign trained dentist is looking for a english spoken study group in miami to prepare for the NDBHE this year.

Apr 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi I am a dentist from India I have a low comprehensive GPA below 2 and overall GPA above 3. I am currently doing Masters in Public Health in USA. Also I am currently working in a dental office as office coordinator. I also have CDA certificate. I can also get shadowing letter from my doctor for 150 hours and recommendation letter from him as well. I want to know is there any chances I can get admission to dental school in USA. Also I would like to know can I get letter of recommendation letter from professors of Masters program, will that help. Also what can I do to improve my GPA, and increase my chances to get into dental school.

Please Help

Feb 11, 2015
Hi, regarding getting direct Minnesota licensure without U.S.A degree.
Yes, you can get minnesota board permission to take licensure exam. For that you have to pass nbde part 1 & 2, toefl. Send your proof of practicing to them (they didn't specify how many years of practicing experience they need. )
Biggest challenge is to meet credentials & transcript education hours. You have to evaluate your education through ICA. Minnesota board website has details about how many credit hours education they need. Roughly 250 credit hours. If you have that , then i think they will call you for personal interview, provided you have fulfilled other requirements in their checklist.

( This is just to give you idea, i have 7 years of academic & private practice experience in my home country, all other necessary requirements were also met, still got rejected due to less credit hour education. You can send your documents to ICA for evaluation) . They will send back detailed 10 page evaluation back to you and board. Just to inform credit hours calculated by ICA & ECE are roughly same for me, if you want to get your credential roughly for sending ICA evaluation request- just to save 400$.

About the Ads