foreign trained dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marapotzu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I am trying to find out if a foreign trained dentist can be accredited to work as a dental assistant in the US Navy and if so what are the requirements and the benefits like income and other things like this.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Give your local recruiter a call and they could answer this more easily (if you don't know their number call 800-USA-NAVY).

I believe you would still go through hospital corpsman training after basic training, but you may be able to get a position as a dental assistant-corpsman as 'guaranteed'.

PS. You'll probably have to take the ASVAB test and meet the minimum score pre-req for the position.

Give your local recruiter a call and they could answer this more easily (if you don't know their number call 800-USA-NAVY).

I believe you would still go through hospital corpsman training after basic training, but you may be able to get a position as a dental assistant-corpsman as 'guaranteed'.

PS. You'll probably have to take the ASVAB test and meet the minimum score pre-req for the position.

PSS. Enlisted pay is pretty low, but there's a lot of benefits. You'd likely come in as an E-1 (E-3 if they count your college credits). Do a google search for military pay.