foreign trained pt requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oleesa isaac

Reaction score
i am foreign trained pt from Nigeria, i took 5 extra courses from the university of st augustine in a bid to get my education to a masters equivalent, does anybody have any recent experience s to what i ll be needing to sit for the bards, am currently in Georgia waiting for the FCCPT

Members don't see this ad.

i am foreign trained pt from Nigeria, i took 5 extra courses from the university of st augustine in a bid to get my education to a masters equivalent, does anybody have any recent experience s to what i ll be needing to sit for the bards, am currently in Georgia waiting for the FCCPT
I did my degree in the UK but I know that when I applied for boards in the USA they wanted
-2 chemistry, 2 bio, 2 anatomy/physiology, 2 physics and the equivalency of a bachelors as well as your regular PT degree.
Best bet is to get an audit done by the FCCPT who will tell you what you need for you license in whatever state you apply to.

It also depend how you intend to work in the USA.
If you are taking the H1B route you will need a DPT equivelent as required by USCIS.
If you are going to work by otherethods such as Green card etc. You will just need to fulfill the requirements of the state you intend to work in which can something mea also be found on that states website.