Foreign Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flintstone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a foreign undergraduate degree (1989-1993, that is more than 8 years ago!). However, I am doing a second bachelor degree here in States. Since I have decided to apply to med schools, my grades are much better now than 8 years ago. I would like to know if there is any way that I can strike out that foreign transcipt from my application.

One unfortunate thing is, when I first came to America, I had my foreign credits trasferred here, hence my current transcripts show that I have transfer credits from a foreign institution. However, I DID NOT have any science class on my first foreign degree.

Base on the fact that the foreign classes are taken >8 years ago; and there is no science class; and I mostly have bad grades for those classes, can anyone suggest how I can strike these grades out from my application? :confused:

Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, welcome to SDN! :D

Unfortunately, especially since your credits are on your current transcript, I think you will have to report them to AMCAS. If you don't and someone finds out later on, you could be kicked out of med school.

Now, for the good news, this will not affect your science GPA at all. Some med schools give that gpa a higher priority since it shows how you will do in med school. In addition, med schools WILL for the most part look at the trend in your grades and realize that those bad grades are old. So try not to worry too much. :)

Is there a premed advisor at your current school? He/She would be able to give you some better (and more personal!) advice.

Best of luck!

I did half of my bachelor in my country and got transfer credits here in the USA, As far as I know,I don't need to report my foreign transcript to AMCAS only courses for which I got transfer credits.

If you don't have any transfer credits accepted you don't need to report them...

that is what my pre-med advisor told me...

Good Luck with your application!!! :)

Thank you Doctora Foxy and Taty for your reply. It really helps. I am going to talk to my pre-med advisor, but probably, I am going to send in grades of those classes that I have transferred and leave the others. Although I am not sure if the foreign school can send in grades of selective classes. I also learned that I need to have my grades officially evaluated by an American company. I wonder if anyone has done that before?

Thanks very much. :)